Two single Wills but for couples, where one client's wishes 'mirror' the others. Two separate Wills with the content reflected in each. No trusts, except the simple trusts below, or other complications such as life interests etc.
- Include a children's trust to defer a beneficiary’s entitlement past the age of 18 (can be tax implications if the nominated age is above 25).
- Make gifts of specific items or assets. For significant quantity of these gifts consider using a precatory trust.
- Make gifts of cash to named people or charities.
- Appoint Guardians to raise minor children.
- Appoint Executors.
- Stipulate funeral wishes.
- Make provisions for pets.